Bittersweet Garden Tour FAQs
- When is the tour? Sunday, June 25, 2023 (always the last Sunday in June) · 12:00-4:00 pm · Rain or Shine!
- Where is the tour? The gardens are located in the Jefferson City, Missouri area. Garden addresses are printed on the tickets.
- How many gardens are on the tour? There are five beautifully landscaped gardens on the tour.
- What is the cost? Tickets are $10 in Advance or $12 at a Garden. Children 12 and under are free.
- Where can I buy tickets? Tickets are available beginning in late May from Bittersweet Garden Club members and in June from several ticket locations. See Ticket Locations. Tickets may also be purchased at each garden on the day of the tour. Tickets purchased in advance of the tour are $10; tickets purchased at one of the gardens on the day of the tour are $12. For ticket questions or other ticket-purchase arrangements, please Contact Us.
- How much walking is involved in the garden tour? The gardens are all private home gardens and are of varying sizes. Often gardens will have slopes and/or steps.
- What should I wear? The garden tour is Rain or Shine, so dress appropriately for the weather. A hat is suggested if it is a sunny day. Consider an umbrella or hooded rain jacket in the event of showers. Wear comfortable shoes.
- May I bring my child? Yes, children 12 and under are free. These are private gardens and are not uniformly stroller accessible. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- May I bring my pet? No, out of respect to the garden owners, we do not allow pets other than official service dogs.
- Where do I park? Park in any legal parking spot on the street. Please do not park in or in front of homeowners' driveways.
- Are there restroom facilities? No, we do not ask the garden owners to open their home to tour participants. Ask Bittersweet members at each garden for the location of the nearest public facility.
- Will water be available or should I bring my own? Each garden will have complimentary bottled water available. You may certainly bring your own bottle of water if you wish.
- Is photography allowed? Yes, provided the photographs are for your personal use and not for any commercial purpose.
- Do I take this tour on my own or is there a guide? This is a self-guided tour, though Bittersweet club members will be stationed throughout each garden to assist with questions. You will be provided the garden addresses with your ticket. You may visit the gardens in any order you wish and spend as much or as little time as you wish. The only time constraints are the start and stop times of the tour--12:00-4:00 p.m.
- Do I get a refund if it rains the day of the tour? No...sorry. The Garden Tour goes on rain or shine.
- Can my garden be considered for next year's tour? Absolutely! We are always delighted to find homeowners who are willing to share their beautiful gardens with others. Click here to ask about having your garden considered for next year's tour.